The Department for Education (DfE) published the SEND and alternative provision green paper on 29th of March 2022. It makes a number of recommendations including,
• establish a new national SEND and alternative provision system.
• review and update the SEND Code of Practice.
• establish new local SEND partnerships
• introduce a standardised and digitised EHCP process.
• support parents and carers to express an informed preference for a suitable placement.
• make it easier to resolve disputes earlier
It is important that as many children, young people, parents and carers have their opinions heard. If you would like to have your say on the proposals, then you can choose one or more of the 3 ways to get involved.
• Fill in the government survey, found here
• Attend one of our green paper Q & A sessions facilitated by BMBC:
Wednesday 25th May
10am-12noon @ the Ozone
Market Kitchen Private Dining Area (near the children’s play area)
10am - 3pm
Thursday 26th May
Tuesday 31st May
Friday 17th June
Friday 24th June
Thursday 30th June
Thursday 14th July
Saturday 16th July
Tuesday 19th July
• Attend a CDC workshop. You can find details of these here (scroll down for dates and registration details)
If you would like to find out more, contact the SEND Participation Officer
On 07385 427123 or by email email@example.com