There are lots of benefits to letting children see how parents deal with conflict in a positive way. Communicating in a healthy and respectful way with your partner or ex-partner can help children to:
• Improve their mental health
• Improve their physical health
• Sleep better
• Improve how well they do at school
• Have better relationships with their friends
• Improve their future life chances
But our children are too young to notice our arguments, right?
Wrong. Children as young as six months old can be affected.