The team offer advice, support and help throughout your child’s school years.
If you are worried about your child's health or progress we can help, especially if it is starting to impact their education or school attendance.
Support for children and young people can happen in education settings or in their home.
With your permission, school can refer to us to support them in meeting your child or young person's needs.
We also weigh and measure children in reception class (4–5-year-olds) and year six (10–11-year-olds) you can read more about this here: The National Child Measurement Programme
As your child gets older, they can talk to the School Nursing Team about their health and any worries they may have around this.
We can support parents and carers, education staff and young people with:
- managing allergies and medical conditions
- sexual health and contraception advice, helping young people to access local services
- advice on healthy relationships
- assessment and support for bed wetting, read more from national bladder & bowel charity ERIC here
- advice and information on vaccinations and immunisations
- oral health advice and support
- healthy nutrition and eating, healthy activities and lifestyles
- low level anxiety and emotional wellbeing, referring to specialist services where needed
- maximising school attendance
- providing health promotion and health education activities in schools
- signposting and making referrals to other specialist services where needed
- Early Help assessments and care planning